provided by Melinda Withrow
The meeting began as a general and then was closed in order to pick the coaches for the 2018/2019 Non World Team Coaching Staffs. These teams included:
2018 IAAF Indoor Championships- Birmingham, 2018 World U20- Tempere, 2018 NACAC Senior Champs- Toronto, Pan Am U20- TBD, 2019 NACAC U23 Champs- TBD
1. During our meeting we voted on the staff’s (Head Coach) sprint/hurdle, jumps/multi, distance and throws coaches. Our picks will not be made public until the board passes them through.
2. If the Board decided that one of staff picks does not align with USATF somehow we will need to together to revote and choose another staff member and begin the process again. We will need the same group of women or alternated (Natasha H, Amber C, Lauryn William, myself (include Queen Harrison)).
3. If an athlete has an opinion of a coach that they know has applied to a staff position, find out who the delegates are and share your opinion. It could be extremely helpful in the selection process.
General Session 12/1 at 4pm
provided by Stephanie Trafton
- Vin Lanana wants input from athletes on how to increase visibility, fun and fan engagement at the 2021 World Champs in Oregon. Contact him with ideas (email@example.com) or send to Jeff Porter.
- Sports Chaplain position on national team staff. There needs to be a program to prepare a person for pastoral care so they can be vetted and selected to national team staff using new selection protocols.
- No Votes or feedback besides to Vin
General Session 12/1 4pm
provided by Daniella Hill (Bunch)
- Rules Committee chair talked about “rules” meeting that will be going into effect next year.
- Handed out list of proposed standards for USA’s (indoors & outdoors), and made a motion to approve standards which all were in favor.
- 2018 USATF Women’s Qualifying Standards