provided by Traci Falbo:
Finances: Howard & Nancy spoke regarding budget meeting with budget committee meeting earlier today. We stated that we are experiencing growing pains. More NC’s, WC’s. Athletes pay in advance for airfare, hotel, food, etc. and reimbursement doesn’t even pay for airfare. We asked that they reconsider our budget. Didn’t see any change happening. Looked at team distribution based on longevity of team, and currently fund teams equitably. In addition to funds, get drug testing $$ possibly 2-5 events championships and selection races for our teams. We will get between 10-20 tests. Will tell RD’s and athletes that there may be testing at their site. We got a slight increase.
Duffy Mahoney-USATF National Office Updates: Chief of Sports Performance and now is taking over from Lindsay Toussant. $92k 2017, $97k for 2018 for budget, plus is seeking 18 doping control tests (at least for 3 for each of the 6 teams). Each test costs $7500, partly because someone has to call and get a courier and get a courier on notice for the possibility. We lose WR & AR because we don’t have couriers in place. Can now get ACH payments instead of checks. Encountered cash flow problems this year. Will do a better job in the future.
Steve Taylor: Collegiate Running Association: want to support graduating athletes. D1 can now accept prize money. Offer championships to college students for prize money w/ Mountain, Road, Trail. Trying to bridge the gap. In last 3 years over 100k in prize, travel, etc. Any student taking at least 1 college course, regardless of nationality. 11 athletes have come from CRA for WC teams.
- World Mountain Championships-2018 Selection Criteria Loon Mt. Race 7/8. WC in Andorra in September
- World Long Distance Team-WC 2018 in Poland
- WMRA World Trail 2018 Selection Criteria champs in Andorra (alternating distance 50 mile) from 3 selection races, Cauyaga (1), White River (1), TNF 50 (top 2), + resumes
- Team Staff: 24-Hour Howard, Zane, Greg. 100k-Linn, Timo, Lion. Mountain Ellen, Richard, Paul, 50k-Susan, Richard. Long Distance Mountain Jason, Richard. IAU Ultra Richard, Anita Ortiz
- 100k: April 7th, 2018 NC will occur in Mad City around a 5k loop course. 2018 WC in Croatia
- 24-Hour WC: cluster timing system went down. Starting in 2018 will have 2 clocks.
- 24-hour Continental Championships (North, Central, and South America) San Paola, Brazil. Dateprobably in August 2018. Need a Visa and it takes awhile ($300-$400). Standards are written but need to be voted on. Recommend 2 men and 2 women. Flat by the sea.
- Standards (posted) for 2019 24-hour WC (every other year format): will be in July in Austria 50k Road Championships. China is willing to host 50k (test event in September was successful). Looking at November date. Middle of January hopefully will know – waiting for date/LOC confirmation.
ROTY (runners of the year): Joe Fejes has been tabulating. Google group list all delegates from the Associations, RD’s, and executive council. Press Release. Send certificates 16 + contributor.
Terry Lovely-USATF managing national team gear (including MUT) TEAM USA, taken over all of team processing for all international teams. Discussed cutting down on exchanges (especially onsite). Discussion of not knowing what items are and what to choose. Terry will send a list to us with pictures/descriptions. Camille asking questions about uniform return, doesn’t understand return policy & why it’s in place. Was told the uniform policy will be enforced and if you don’t compete, the uniform needs to be returned.
Aaron Cattell: AthleteBiz: 2014 annual meeting, allowing MUT into AB. Non-profit. Qualifications through performance on AB. Full web-site, with a commission based store, speaking options, crowdfunding platform with better rate than GOFundMe (only 4%). Planning post career. Up to 230 athletes. Fan base is super engaged. Traci is the portal through AB. Questionnaire takes about 45 minutes and webpage is built. All is free to athletes.
2018-11-50,00 + 3 (10-15,000) National Championships. We have awarded 11 NC:
2018 national championships:
Bandera 100k Trail 1/6/18
Rocky Raccoon 100m trail 2/3/18
Jackpot 100m Road 2/17/18
Caumsett 50k Road 3/4/18
Mad City 100k 4/7/18 (revised 5k loop due to road work on original course)
Cayuga 50m trail 7/21/18
Pikes Peak 30k trail 7/28/18
Ragged Mountain 50k trail 8/12/18
Loon Mountain mountain 9/8/18
North Coast 24 hour 9/8/18 or 9/15/18
Birkie 1/2 marathon trail 9/29/18
Tussey Mountainback 50m road 10/7/18
High Knob Hellbender 10k Road Mountain 10/6/17** not yet confirmed/bid not submitted yet
Moab Trail Marathon 11/3/18
2019 & 2020 National Championships:
Formidable 50k trail 2019
Jackpot 100m road 2/2019
Caumsett 50k road for 3/32019 & 3/1/2020
Cayuga 50m trail 7/2019
Tussey Mountainback 50m road 10/2019
Jason Bryant Junior minimum age to compete. We sent something to the rules committee about minimum age. They asked about the science behind it. We are going to be looking at it over the next year (up to the marathon includes LDR & includes race walking). Monique at USATF has been contacted. Jason is contacting a doctor of sports medicine. Joe is involved from LDR. Liability has to be considered at some point. Discrimination is on the other side of that. We don’t recognize records under 18 yo. IAU is not recognizing under 18 yo either.
Junior awards at championships (25k distance and below) 14 & older junior awards 16 & older for Open. Current USATF Open competition men down to 16, open women down to 14 yo