Executive Committee Notes, 11/30/2017
provided by: Jeff Hartwig
Short updates and brief discussions about last years National championships and then moved directly into executive session for selection of coaching staffs.
We selected coaches for
- 2018 World Indoor Championships
- 2018 World Juniors
- 2018 NACAC Championships
- 2019 Pan Am Juniors
- 2019 NACAC U23
Athletes were very cohesive this year as we sat and voted together to ensure coaches that work well with athletes were chosen.
General Session Notes, 12/1/2017
provided by: Erik Kynard
- Only an A standard; no B standards any longer.
- Proposed Mens and Women’s track and field standards for 2018 Senior Indoor Championships/2018 Senior Outdoor Championships/2018 Junior Outdoor Championships were handed out.
- 400m issues with running to eliminate one person. Should we have that round?
- Qualifying window for World Indoor 2018— meet is earlier than usual, and so is the USA Indoors. How long it takes to put standards up is a problem. Men’s HJ standard is too low.
- We need more athlete representation in Standards Meetings. Men’s and Women’s joined subcommittee standards.