- Lots of discussion on the Nike Vaporfly shoes and what the stance of the LDR committees will be.
- Review of L&L items
- Review of doping news, including CBD updates
- Tutorial on how associations can start hosting championships
- Marathon trials updates – top 3 make the team, changed from 4 loops to 3, less chance of overlapping runners.
- PRRO Running Circuit is allowing smaller races to get drug testing, which is important because cheaters will go to small races that can’t afford testing and make prize money.
- Need ideas on how to improve/revamp the USA Running Circuit
- SWOT and strategic plan for Men’s LDR worked on
- How do we engage the other 10,000 runners the elite runners are running in the same race as?
- A positive highlight was the athlete involvement in the selection of the Trials marathon site, as well as growing American prize money
- LDR athletes don’t know they’re Tier athletes and what they qualify for as a result
- Also, why doesn’t winning Boston/NYC/Chicago mean an athlete qualifies for the Tier system?
Notes above submitted by Christo Landry
- Will Leer suggested during SWOT analysis that we try to use the large participation numbers in road races to increase USATF membership by making all participants members. Worked on ideas to implement this – for example, 2 tiers: Level 1 = free for anyone who does a road race, Level 2 = What currently exists (paid).
- Voted to approve ratification of a few road records (50 mile and 100K at HOKA event in Santa Barbara)
- Need feedback on potential cross country race series next fall. Garrett Heath taking the lead in this.
Notes above submitted by Will Leer