provided by Traci Falbo
- Interested people can sign up for monthly LDR Newsletters via the LDR Google Group
- Women’s LDR highlights: OT bids are in process, 10 championships for 2018, Athletes who want qualifiers for the OT’s need to make sure the race they run is certified AND SANCTIONED.
- Men’s LDR: trials process, team leader for Valencia decided tomorrow. Discussed. AAC event leaders more involved in site selection and liaison for the event.
- Master’s- would like to be part of the open marathon circuit. Funds for out of competition drug testing
- MUT: Active Executive Committee: all but 3 are 10-year athletes, 13 National Championships for 2018 (12k-100 miles), Submit new rule next year regarding minimum ages for Ultra distances. If an athlete doesn’t go to the event, need to return the uniform. It’s on the selection procedures regarding returning the uniform.
- Cross Country: 3 National Champs, club champs (next week) will be in Lexington, KY. 3 National Teams (Edinburgh, Pan Am NACAC (El Salvador…security…proceed?), WC (even years) Uganda.
- AAC: payment and reimbursements for athletes or lack there of. June Championships and Doha (87-100 degrees) world championships at the end of September. RRCA TFFA AthleteBiz Speakers Bureau groups trying to help the athletes.
- High Performance: elected non-big 3 coaches. next year big 3 coaches.
- Rules: Anyone can help you (athlete) to back to standing if fallen, but not forward.
- RRTC chair, online platform for course certification. It will streamline the process, make it more transparent. Subcommittee for certification. certifying longer non-paved, making them record eligible. David Katz measuring Tokyo
- CC stand alone? council or committee will be tabled until next year.
- Men’s awards. Contributor: Bob Latham. ROTY Athlete (road circuit): Lenorad Korir winning (5x CC, 15K, 1/2 marathon, 10k, 2nd-20k, 2nd 10 miler).
- Women’s awards Aliphine Tuliamuk & Contributor: Dave Smizeack (sp?)-elite athlete coordinator for Twin Cities races. There were lots of great women’s performances: Shalane, Molly, Amy, Jordan, etc. but set up award to be winner of circuit, thus Aliphine.
- Marathon Trials: asking for bids for 2020. Intent 1/5, 3/19 all paperwork in. Site selection after. Hope that will then bid for NC 2019 so familiar with the area anytime of the year. AAC will now involved every step of the way. Would like athlete be part of the site visit. Rep at trials from AAC.
- Athlete times qualifying USATF certified and SANCTIONED (governing body says the RD’s et al are doing things the right way).
- Rules Committee:
- IAU prohibited assistance in regard to physical assistance. Can be helped up to VERTICAL , BUT NOT FORWARD. USATF taking IAAF rule
- IAAF purged several road records 8k,12k, 15, 20k, 25k, 30k. should we? We say no. David Katz (IAF is is trying to get back in with road racing but there is still a disconnect).
- WR (first passing of urine, must be done at the site). AR (testing within 24 hours)
- RRCA need to have post-collegiate opportunities. RUN PRO CAMP (July in Arlington, VA). Bring in reps from running camps, RD’s, USADA, agents, Mike Scott (programs thru USATF).
- Jack Wicken’s discussing AthleteBiz options including something regarding transition out of the sport. 70 people career consultants. Jack@athletebiz.com Do Christmas shopping through AthleteBiz store or sign up to be a career consultant.
provided by Christo Landry:
A rule change on if an athlete can be helped up during a race and by whom without being disqualified: Athlete can NOT be advanced forward. The main question was if a spectator could help someone up.
- Against: Don’t want to encourage spectators to jump in and help.
- For: Don’t want athlete to be punished/DQ’d because a random person offered a hand to get up.
We discussed a change in the procedures for the marathon team for the World Championships the year after the Olympics. The concern was an athlete that ran the marathon at the Olympics would not have a chance to run a fast marathon between the Olympics and World Champs to qualify and full recover and train again. It was changed to allow 1 athlete who finished in the top 15 at the Olympics to get a spot at the World Champs and the other 2 to be from the descending order list.
We also voted on a coach for the Men’s World Half Marathon Team. We had 3 athletes present for voting out of 8 votes.
provided by Garrett Heath:
- Marathon Trials 2020 Site Choice: LDR recommendation was not picked in 2016. How do we change that? Updated RFP. Involve AAC – one person for site visits, one person at the event. Talk to board ahead of time about selection criteria.
- Award winners – update process for selecting these.
- 5K is a world record distance on the roads now, starting Jan 2018. Have to be drug tested immediately after. David Katz willing to help/be direct athlete contact for this.
- We need to send an AAC rep to the Trials selection and to be at the event.
- RRCA (Road Runners Circuit of America) wants to help new athletes and connect with the AAC.