Resources for athletes on planning a budget, setting aside money for taxes, filing taxes and planning for both retirements: 1) from track and field and 2) from your “regular” career.
- Map out your plan – use the worksheet at the link below to assess the amount of money you’re making, your expenses and taxes, and how to play for the future:
- Find a financial planner to help you make smart decisions and plans with your money.
- What the heck is a Financial Planner & why would I need one? Lauryn Williams (AAC Treasurer and certified financial planner) talks about what a financial planner does, why you need one and how to find one that works well for you. Contact Lauryn Williams.
- Questions to ask your financial planner
- American Association of Daily Money Managers
- Filing taxes:
- USOC Tax Resource Guide Use this resource guide as a reference to better manage your finances, not just for tax purposes, but also in managing your monthly budget, sport expenses, and creating sponsorship request packages. PLEASE NOTE: This guide is for the 2017 year; stay tuned for a 2018 version. If you have questions, reach out to Terris Tiller at Terris.Tiller@usoc.org.
- Athlete expense tracking form Track your expenses using this template, provided by the USOC.
- Need an accountant? Tanisha Mills specializes in working with track and field athletes https://www.tanishamillscpa.com 949-929-3185