Looking for 2018 Team USA Events? 2018 Team USATF Schedule
Please note that the 2018 USATF Outdoor Championships dates and location are still TBD.
March 1-4, 2018
Expected dates for team travel: Depart the States on February 26th, return March 5th
CONDITIONS FOR THE VALIDITY OF PERFORMANCES:
• Performances must be achieved during the qualification period of 1 January 2017 to 19 February 2018 (midnight Monaco time), except for the Combined Events (see above).
• Performances must be achieved during competitions organized or authorized by the IAAF, its Area Associations or its National Member Federations. Thus, results achieved at university or school competitions must be certified by the National Federation of the country in which the competition was organized.
• Performances must be achieved during an official competition organized in conformity with IAAF Rules.
• Performances achieved in mixed competitions in track events will not be accepted. Exceptionally, in accordance with IAAF Rule 147, performances achieved in the 5000m event may be accepted in circumstances where there were insufficient athletes of one or both genders competing to justify the conduct of separate races and there was no pacing or assistance given by an athlete(s) of one gender to an athlete(s) of the other gender under specific circumstances and conditions (see Rule 147).
• Wind-assisted performances will not be accepted.
• Hand-timed performances in 60m, 100m, 400m, 60m Hurdles, and 100m/110m Hurdles will not be accepted
• For the running events of 400m and over, performances achieved on oversized tracks will NOT be accepted
Wild Card Information:
The IAAF has an IAAF World Indoor Tour in 2018. A 2018 IAAF World Indoor Tour overall winner, who competes at the USATF Indoor Championships, will receive an automatic wild card bye into the IAAF World Indoor Championships in the event that he/she is the overall winner, whether or not he/she has achieved the corresponding World Indoor entry standard. The winners of the following eleven (11) events on the 2018 IAAF World Indoor Tour will be granted a waiver provided they compete at the USATF Indoor Championships: Men’s 60m, 800m, 3000m/5000m, shot put, pole vault, triple jump and Women’s 400m, 1500m, 60m hurdles, high jump, long jump. These are the only events eligible for the wild card bye. At the 2018 USATF Indoor Championships, these athletes are not required to compete in the same event in which they are the World Indoor Tour overall winner in order to receive the wild-card bye but they do have to compete at the 2018 USATF Indoor Championships. In the event that a US athlete is the overall winner in a World Indoor Tour event, USATF will be allowed to enter up to 4 athletes and compete 3 in that event. Note: the IAAF does not give byes to reigning World Indoor Champions.