- Growth of USATF through Associations promoting diversity
- Greater diversity in officiating at high level/championship meets. Pilot program results discussed
- A task force is being created by L&L to promote diversity at the association leadership level. This committee was not happy being involved in the conversation, but such proposals are tabled until next year.
Notes above submitted by Myles Marshall
- There is a grant/scholarship specifically for women desiring to go to USATF Level I/Level 2 Coaching Education. Female athletes looking to get more into coaching are highly encouraged to apply.
- USA Track & Field | Emerging Female Coaching Grant
- One of the committee’s goals is to add 2 para events to Olympic Trials and/or USATF Outdoor Championships. However one of the major obstacles is that para athletes competing in able bodied events is covered by our current insurance but adding “para only” events will cost extra. D&L Committee created a para athlete issues sub committee to identify more ways in which we can help bring para athletics into major USATF events.
- There is a growth of women coaches and women coaching men’s teams and the committee hopes to encourage more changes in this direction. –Any athlete input on areas where we may be lacking in support for a particular group is encouraged. There are more athletes named to the committee than last year, however I was the only one I could see in attendance this year (and I am on the committee representing race walk, not as an athlete). Nothing was voted on however, but when it comes time to review the USATF Board and higher leadership within USATF, this committee does have a say in whether or not the people identified for positions are acceptable as a whole group to ensure we are moving forward with diversifying our governing body.
Notes above submitted by Katie Burnett