The U.S. Olympic Committee’s Finding Leaders Among Minorities Everywhere (FLAME) program provides diverse college and graduate-level students with a unique look into the world of elite sport. This eight-day program offers an exciting and rigorous curriculum designed to increase knowledge of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic movements. Accepted students participate in personal and professional development workshops in […]
Life Beyond the Track
It's never too early to get your post-track and field career started. While as an athlete you must be very focused on training, nutrition, rest and competition, it is also important to remember that our window of time to be a world-class athlete is relatively short. Start preparing for your future today.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- AAC's Business of Track & Field Program: AAC Treasurer and Director of Professionalism Lauryn Williams puts on monthly webinars covering topics like making a budget, planning for taxes, working with an agent and more. Lauryn herself is a financial advisor and wants to pair her athletic experience with her current profession to help athletes reach their financial goals and be prepared for life after track.
- AthleteBiz: AthleteBiz is dedicated to empowering pro track and field athletes who are motivated to be "complete professionals." AthleteBiz is an innovative non-profit platform which offers three packages, without charge, to eligible elite athletes:
- Marketing and Enterprising Package
- Fundraising Package
- YourNextSuccess Career Consulting Service
- Learn more
- USOC Athlete Career Education (ACE) Program: The USOC ACE Program provides current and retired Team USA (Olympic) athletes with career, education and life skills resources to support athletic performance goals, facilitate successful transition to post-elite competition careers.
- Athletes for Hope: Athletes 4 Hope is a non-profit that works to connect athletes with their local community based on the causes the athlete is most interested in. Volunteering is a great way to give back and to make good connections in your community.
Posts Categorized as "Life Beyond the Track:"
Next Step: Transition to Business is a new executive education program for U.S. military veterans and Olympic, Paralympic and elite athletes who are preparing to take the next step in their careers. Hosted on the Tuck Business School and Dartmouth College campuses March 11-23, 2018, the two-week certificate program is built around three main themes […]
The U.S. Olympic Museum (USOM) and Hall of Fame is seeking a Chief Executive Officer to lead the effort to promote, build, and manage this unique, world-class tribute to honor the Olympic and Paralympic ideals, document the history of the United States Olympic and Paralympic participation and to celebrate the achievements of U.S. Olympic and […]
AthleteBiz launched a new program in the fall of 2017 geared towards helping elite track and field athletes prepare for their post-athletic career. Transitioning to “life after track and field” is difficult for many athletes. The YourNextSuccess program can help you decide on your path and how to take the first step. It is completely […]
Notes from Saturday’s AAC General Session, including the Professional Panel, a panel with representatives from WADA, USADA and the new IAAF Athlete Integrity Unit, International Teams for 2018, USOC Report, and a chat with Dawn Harper. Professionalism Panel Panelists: Kimberly Sims, Jill Geer and Aretha Thurmond from the USATF national office, Lance Brauman (Coach), John […]
Maximizing Your Success Off the Track, Hosted by AthleteBiz Manteo Mitchell Rachel Weber Maria Michta Will Leer Lauren Fleshman Panel moderator: Jack Wickens, founder of AthleteBiz The panelists discuss ways to use your platform and take the next step towards your future, as an athlete and beyond Highlights: “Even the smallest interaction with a fan […]