Members of Team USA can qualify for scholarship assistance from DeVry University and the USOC. The program offers group tuition rates (and full tuition scholarships), flexible class schedules and locations, and personal support from people who understand the unique needs of athletes. To enroll in the JULY session (classes start July 9th), applications must be […]
Life Beyond the Track
It's never too early to get your post-track and field career started. While as an athlete you must be very focused on training, nutrition, rest and competition, it is also important to remember that our window of time to be a world-class athlete is relatively short. Start preparing for your future today.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- AAC's Business of Track & Field Program: AAC Treasurer and Director of Professionalism Lauryn Williams puts on monthly webinars covering topics like making a budget, planning for taxes, working with an agent and more. Lauryn herself is a financial advisor and wants to pair her athletic experience with her current profession to help athletes reach their financial goals and be prepared for life after track.
- AthleteBiz: AthleteBiz is dedicated to empowering pro track and field athletes who are motivated to be "complete professionals." AthleteBiz is an innovative non-profit platform which offers three packages, without charge, to eligible elite athletes:
- Marketing and Enterprising Package
- Fundraising Package
- YourNextSuccess Career Consulting Service
- Learn more
- USOC Athlete Career Education (ACE) Program: The USOC ACE Program provides current and retired Team USA (Olympic) athletes with career, education and life skills resources to support athletic performance goals, facilitate successful transition to post-elite competition careers.
- Athletes for Hope: Athletes 4 Hope is a non-profit that works to connect athletes with their local community based on the causes the athlete is most interested in. Volunteering is a great way to give back and to make good connections in your community.
Posts Categorized as "Life Beyond the Track:"
USOC Coaching Education is seeking Olympians and Paralympians currently coaching or plan to coach post athlete retirement to participate in the International Coaching Enrichment Certification Program (ICECP). If accepted, athletes will receive a scholarship covering all travel, education and programming expenses. The program consists of a blended in-person and online training over the course of […]
USOC Tuition Grant Applications Due Each year the USOC awards over $200,000 in Tuition Grants to athletes looking to further their formal education. The application window for fall semester 2018 is May 9 – June 6, 2018. Learn more and apply by JUNE 6 at the link below: https://www.teamusa.org/athlete-resources/athlete-career-and-education-program/education/usoc-tuition-grants MBA in Entrepreneurship Scholarship The Acton […]
Each year the USOC awards over $200,000 in Tuition Grants to athletes looking to further their formal education. Applicants must meet at least ONE of the following criteria and be verified by ACE to be eligible for a USOC Tuition Grant. Prior to submitting the application, register for the ACE Program. Active or retired Olympian/Paralympian […]
Eastbay is hiring retired track & field athletes as full-time Team Sales FAST (Field Associate Sales Training) associates. If you or a teammate are retired/retiring in the near future and are interested in this opportunity, please read the job description linked below and send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. SUMMARY: Field Associate Sales […]
The U.S. Olympic Committee’s Finding Leaders Among Minorities Everywhere (FLAME) program provides diverse college and graduate-level students with a unique look into the world of elite sport. This eight-day program offers an exciting and rigorous curriculum designed to increase knowledge of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic movements. Accepted students participate in personal and professional development workshops in […]
Next Step: Transition to Business is a new executive education program for U.S. military veterans and Olympic, Paralympic and elite athletes who are preparing to take the next step in their careers. Hosted on the Tuck Business School and Dartmouth College campuses March 11-23, 2018, the two-week certificate program is built around three main themes […]
The U.S. Olympic Museum (USOM) and Hall of Fame is seeking a Chief Executive Officer to lead the effort to promote, build, and manage this unique, world-class tribute to honor the Olympic and Paralympic ideals, document the history of the United States Olympic and Paralympic participation and to celebrate the achievements of U.S. Olympic and […]
AthleteBiz launched a new program in the fall of 2017 geared towards helping elite track and field athletes prepare for their post-athletic career. Transitioning to “life after track and field” is difficult for many athletes. The YourNextSuccess program can help you decide on your path and how to take the first step. It is completely […]
Notes from Saturday’s AAC General Session, including the Professional Panel, a panel with representatives from WADA, USADA and the new IAAF Athlete Integrity Unit, International Teams for 2018, USOC Report, and a chat with Dawn Harper. Professionalism Panel Panelists: Kimberly Sims, Jill Geer and Aretha Thurmond from the USATF national office, Lance Brauman (Coach), John […]