Athletes retired from sport, and considering retirement, often feel a grand sense of loss. A loss of identity, a loss of community, support and camaraderie; a loss of personal validation, a loss of direction and purpose. The ACE Pivot Program, held April 18-19 in Colorado Springs, works to assist Team USA athletes in rebuilding their athlete […]
United States Olympic Committee (USOC)
Athlete Career Education Program (ACE)
The USOC’s Athlete Career Education (ACE) Program provides current and retired Team USA (Olympic) athletes with career, education and life skills resources to support athletic performance goals, facilitate successful transition to post-elite competition careers and inspire long-term positive engagement with the Olympic/Paralympic movement.
- Devry University: Full tuition scholarships are available to Team USA athletes living around the country. Learn more.
- Tuition Grants: The USOC offers tuition grants for athletes looking to further their formal education. Learn more.
- In-State Tuition: Through ACE and the USOC, eligible Team USA athletes living and training in Colorado and Utah can receive in-state tuition at select public colleges and universities regardless of an individual’s resident status. Learn More.
- University of Utah: Eligible Team USA athletes currently living and training in the state of Utah are eligible to receive a scholarship to pursue an undergraduate degree at the University of Utah’s Eccles School of Business. Contact Megan Psyllos, ACE career coach with questions.
- Other Opportunities: The ACE team will share any opportunities for Team USA athletes on the platform, as well as share links to different sources for funding. Join ACE now to stay informed.
- The ACE Platform offers one-on-one career coaching, resume and interview prep and access to a vast employer network of companies wanting to hire athletes. Join the ACE Platform.
- Pivot Program for retiring athletes to support them in their transition beyond elite athletic competition. Learn more
- Mentor Network
- Olympic & Paralympic Summit
- As we become aware of more opportunities, we will add them here or to Recent News (see below). The USOC is constantly growing this program, so check back here often!
- The main contact for the ACE Program is Terris Tiller. He can be reached at Terris.Tiller@usoc.org
As you look to enter into the next chapter of your life, VISA’s Olympians & Paralympians Development Program will empower you to hone your talent, potential, and unique leadership skill set in a business setting. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, the 1-2 year program combines six-month diversified work rotations, with unrivaled training and […]
The United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) is hiring! See below for details: Manager, Classification: The Manager, Classification will lead national classification activities in support of Paralympic sport NGBs/HPMOs. The Manager will work directly in collaboration with division leadership and other relevant sport performance staff to administer and implement the U.S. Paralympics National Classification […]
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 24 Team USA Scholarship applications are open now for current and retired Team USA athletes. To enroll in the March 2020 session (classes begin Mar 2), applications must be submitted by February 24 at 11:59pm MST. Apply For A Tuition Scholarship Today
Get the digital skills, certifications, credentials, and real-world experience to fuel growth and opportunity in the ever-evolving business world. Offered by GreenFig, a market-driven education company that prepares learners for digital-age careers, these live, online, 14-week programs are taught by industry experts and integrate an Apprentorship™, a mentored apprenticeship-like experience that provides you with the opportunity […]
As a member of Team USA, you can earn a degree and are eligible for a full tuition scholarship through DeVry University and its Keller Graduate School of Management. DeVry offers 40+ degree programs including business, technology, entrepreneurship, and healthcare, available online or in-person at over 30 locations nationwide. ATHLETE ELIGIBILITY** Athletes must have competed/participated […]
Through the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Foundation, the William E. Simon Olympic Endowment for the Support of Athletes (aka Simon Grant) is a training and competition grant awarded to high performing athletes showing financial need. Athletes currently training to compete in the Olympic or Paralympic Games in Tokyo or Beijing and demonstrate financial need are […]
The USOPC’s Athlete Career Education program (ACE) is offering free enrollment in General Assembly’s Discover Social Media course for any athlete who is interested. This is a 5-hour hour course intended to teach the foundational skills needed to establish a social media presence. This course contains 18 lessons on topics including social media strategy, social […]
November 14-15 in Colorado Springs, Colo. The USOPC’s Athlete Career Education (ACE) program is hosting a Pivot Workshop from November 14-15 for retiring and retired athletes looking for their next steps. Athletes have found it very useful to discuss issues (personal, work, school, etc.) and receive resources to help them make that difficult transition out […]
U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Museum Director of Facilities Director of IT Services Manager of Educational Programming Manager, Group Sales U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee Associate Director, Collegiate Partnerships USA Bobsled & Skeleton Chief Executive Officer